BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 17, 2009

Have I mentioned I love my seal-a-meal!!!

I few months ago a good friend of mine (love you Stephanie) convinced me to by a Seal-A-Meal. You know, one of those things that sucks all the air out of a bag to keep your food from getting freezer burn. I have seen and wanted one of these for years. The only problem...I was sure it would be a waste of money. I mean honestly. I rotate my freezers every month.

Well ever since I bought it I am finding more and more uses for it. I can custom fit the bags which allows for less plastic waste. I can buy in bulk and freeze plenty of meat (yes it really does prevent freezer burn). Best of all I can make up little dinner kits. Tonight I made up crabby patty mix, meat loaf mix, and chicken cigar mix. All of the spices are included and mixed in already cutting down on my everyday cooking time. I also made a meat sauce for a Mexican lasagna and sealed some pork chops with a marinade already in the bag. Genius I tell you, GENUIS!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe and plus since you put the seasoning in your meats for your crabby pattys and stuff the flavor will infuse in the meat more. There are LOTS of awesome uses for the seal a meal and I'm sure you will find LOTS more!! What till you want cookie, make a double (or even a triple batch ) freeze some of the dough so you have it for later or even go ahead and bake them and then freeze them for a quick cookie fix later!!