BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 1, 2009

The list...

I have been asked several times by several people, "What does your grocery list look like?" Perhaps they think my grocery list to be a mile long. I don't know. The truth is my list looks exactly like yours probably does. I have no secret formulas or magic potions to save money on groceries. Here are the steps to get to my finished grocery list.

1. Make menus for the month. This you may think is the easiest part. NOT. Go ahead ask your family what they want to eat for the next week. I can guarantee you will be met with stares of confusion. Or the infamous, "I don't care. What ever you want to make." They don't mean this. Trust me. You make what you want without their input and you will hear so much moaning and groaning. Include your family in this process. Let the kids pick a meal (within reason) once or twice a month.

2. Write down every ingredient needed to make the menus. Don't just assume you have it. WRITE it down so that you can check.

3. With ingredient list in hand, check to see what you already have. If you have it cross it off the list. Make sure though that you have enough of it for the month.

4. Make grocery list. I keep mine divided by category so that I can read it faster. Easy peasy.

Sooooooo.......here without further delay is my grocery list for the month of June.

0 comments: