BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Recipe of the week 01/17/09-------Lemon Chicken

Every Saturday I will post a recipe for all to look at, try, and enjoy. Hopefully you will find something new to try. If you do try a recipe let me know what you think.

Lemon Chicken

Canola Oil
Water
Lemon Juice
Lemon Zest
Zesty Herb Marinade mix (I used McCormick)
Chicken Breast cubed
Cornstarch
Cooked Rice

The night before I mix together a little canola oil (not sure how much), water(again not sure how much), juice of two lemons, zest from two lemons, and the Marinade mix.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I do this overnight to let the flavors blend better. The next day I add the marinade to some cubed chicken breast. Then start some rice. Once the rice is started I add the chicken WITH marinade into a skillet and cook until chicken is done.

Photobucket

To thicken the liquid around the chicken I mix about 2Tablespoons of cornstarch with some water. This is called a slurry.
Photobucket

Once this is added and stirred into the chicken the liquid will thicken into a nice gravy. We serve it over rice. This recipe was created because I had some lemons I didn't know what to do with. My husband loves it.
Photobucket

0 comments: