BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cheesecake MANIA

We were invited to spend New Years Eve with my friend Stephanie and her family. They were making dinner and different snacky foods. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't show up for dinner at someones house with out bringing something. I just can't do it no matter how many times you tell me I don't have to bring something. Haha. So what did I bring....a Cheesecake...BOY did that ever start Cheesecake MANIA!! Since then I have been making cheesecake for everyone. Not a problem since I thoroughly enjoy it and it keeps me from eating them...haha....Anyway I thought I would show you how to make a cheesecake...

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup + 3 T. sugar
4 8oz blocks of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (oops forgot to put it in the picture)
4 eggs


You will also need a spring form pan. These things are so neat and it makes for a really authentic style cheesecake.
UGH...I don't know why this picture keeps posting sideways.

First make your crust by combining the cracker crumbs, 3 T. sugar and melted butter.


Combine well and press down into the bottom of your spring form pan.


Next beat your cream cheese (WAY easier if it is room temp) vanilla, and sugar until creamy.


Add in your eggs one at a time. (These should also be room temperature).


Make sure you scrape down the sides of your bowl so that you get everything incorporated. Now pour the batter into your spring form pan on top of the crust.


Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for one hour.


This is what it looks like. Loosen the rim of the pan (DO NOT remove it yet) and let it cool completely. Once cooled you can remove the rim and if you are daring move it to a serving tray. Put it in the fridge for at least four hours before serving.

Yes they crack and yes I am sure some people can make them without them cracking...I for some reason cannot anymore...I used to be able too...hmm Oh well.....This cheesecakes destiny.......WINCHESTER!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can def vouch for these cheesecakes, they are super tasty i've had the pleasure of tasting two of them this year!!!!